THE FUTURE STARTS HERE
APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 1st, 2020
Announcing the San Francisco Design Week Product Design Showcase: The Future Starts Here. The Product Design Showcase will highlight 50 Innovative Products that are forward-thinking and reflective of the new world we live in. The program is for brands who are looking for a platform to introduce a visionary product to the Bay Area community, connect with investors, the general public and design peers.
Featured Products exhibiting in the showcase will be on display during the 2020 Edition of San Francisco Design Week at the 2-Day Design Hub:
- June 24th–25th, 2020 from 10am-4pm and
- Official Design Week party 6pm–9pm June 24th
- Use of official San Francisco Design Week logo for your marketing materials and press releases
- Your product will be on display at the San Francisco Design Week Official Party and 2-Day Design Hub for free or for a discounted fee
- Industry-wide recognition through media promotion
- Exposure on the official SF Design Week website, Social Media and inclusion on Showcase digital newsletter
- Discounts on exhibitor space at the Design Hub
- Mentorship: 30 Minute meeting with a general investor or a start-up mentor to give your pitch and receive feedback and guidance.
Bay Area Products: Professional
Showcasing innovative products by some of the most forward-thinking companies and start-ups here in the Bay Area. These products have hit the market and are available for purchase by the public.
As an international design destination, we welcome submissions from design cities throughout the world. This is your opportunity to exhibit in San Francisco! These products have hit the market and are available for purchase by the public.
Bay Area Products: Start-ups
Early stage, start-ups who have business potential but seeking investors and later state start-ups in the Bay Area.
International/National Products: Start-ups
Early stage, start-ups who have business potential but seeking investors and later state start-ups not headquartered in the Bay Area.
Application Submission Fee
- $75 non-refundable
- Start-up Categories: Selected entries will be offered a discounted showcase footprint $500 Fee includes Mentorship: 30 Minute meeting with a general investor to give your pitch and receive feedback and guidance.
- Professional Categories: Selected entries will be offered a discounted showcase footprint $1000 Fee includes Mentorship: 30 Minute meeting with a general investor to give your pitch and receive feedback and guidance.
- The Product Showcase program is open to any individual, organization or authorized agent who manufactures, designs, engineers or promotes products currently on the market or entering the manufacturing process
- Concepts or ideas/sketches will not be accepted.
- Entries must be submitted into the relevant product category: Bay Area Products or International/National Brands. Your headquarters, studio or office should be in the relevant category. Products do not need to be manufactured in same region
- Professional Category Products entered must be available for sale to the public or currently entering the manufacturing process. Start-Up products may submit working prototypes.
- Accepted submissions will be expected to exhibit at the 2-Day Design Hub occupying a physical space and agrees to send representatives and product to install on June 23rd and products remain in place through the end of the show June 25th 4pm
- The $75 application fees must be paid at the time of submission using a credit card through our online system. Check payments are not accepted.
- Refunds will not be issued for applications withdrawn after submission or for products that are accepted and fail to go to market or be in production prior to the exhibition
- Products should be appropriate for a general audience. Virtual pornography, nudity and violence are prohibited. SFDW may determine if a product is not eligible for exhibiting
- A minimum of 2 product photos must be uploaded at the time of application submission.
- An entry is only qualified to go before the selection committee when all required sections of the entry application are completed, entry fees have been paid in full and the application has been submitted. If the wrong entry fee is paid at the time of submission, the entry is subject to disqualification
- Incomplete and unpaid entries will be disqualified. If you are unsure if your entry is complete, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. SFDW is not responsible for follow-up of incomplete entries.
- If improperly categorized, an entry may be moved to a different category based on the recommendation of the selection committee without consent from the applicant
- SFDW reserves the right to rescind any approvals granted to entries that have misrepresented their product or entry
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older and authorized by the organization to submit product entries
Contact Maria Huffine at email@example.com