During our 16th Edition together we will reconnect and re-emerge to find inspiration, learn and access resources through the Bay Area lens of Design. We are eager to meet face-to-face to exchange ideas, dreams, challenges and solutions with this years in-person sessions, but you’ll also be able to host an event through live or pre-recorded virtual programming as a way to amplify our collective impact and be accessible for those who cannot travel to be with us. Get creative and find ways to communicate your experience, knowledge or message by engaging attendees in a more energetic way. Now is a time to innovate. Contact us for a brainstorming session, included in the Application Fee, or for guidance on how to best approach your event and make the most out of your participation!
San Francisco Design Weeks’ mission is to inspire and enable progress in the creative community. This year, we’ve taken the time to revisit and adapt to better reflect the world around us. The following principles are designed to inform our perspective as we move forward together:
- Celebrate our differences and advocate for each other
- Foster space for accessible and inclusive creativity
- Listen and learn by amplifying marginalized voices
- Spread knowledge and share resources
- Use our power to support our community
Proposals with a diverse line-up of speakers will be given priority by our review committee
Call for Proposals is now Open!
Not just another design competition. The San Francisco Design Week Awards is an international design competition seeking to encourage thought leadership by supporting designers whose works can contribute towards a positive future for society. San Francisco Design Week is the premier gathering of the world’s most active design community. We welcome applicants from across the entire range of design industries.
Host a Community Event
- In Person Events Panel discussions, Conversations/Fireside Chats, Presentations, Workshops, Brand Activations, Product Launches, Open Studio Tours, or Networking/Happy Hour. Hosts have the option to record their event for SFDW On - Demand Catalog
- Virtual Events Panel discussions, Conversations/Fireside Chats or presentations, Workshops, Internationally Produced Events, Podcasts (accepted, if created for SF Design Week). Replay of virtual event will be available.
Will you have an exhibition on display for a week or more that overlaps with SFDW or does your retail store support local makers or perhaps feature high-end design? Products with form AND function or perhaps sustainable solutions or design with social impact? Does your coffee shop or cocktail bar showcase beautiful design elements and materials? Do you want to shine some light on great murals around town or public art that is not getting the attention it deserves or will be popping up in the city in June?
• The 2022 Edition will take place June 21-25. In-Person and Virtual
• Deadline for 2022 Edition proposals is May 20th, 2022