Where Innovation Meets Social Responsibility
- You will be judged by a jury composed of leaders in the design community! Leaders to be announced soon!
- Use of official San Francisco Design Awards medallion for your marketing materials
- Your product will be on display at the San Francisco Design Week Opening
- Awards will be announced at the press preview on June 20th
- San Francisco Design Week Awards certificate or glass award to display in your studio
- Recognition and attention from the press and media through our press release announcements and social media
- Inclusion on the permanent online showcase for honorees
A variety of external physical ecosystems that influence, inspire and initiate our growth and behavior within residential, commercial and altruistic or non-profit environments.
Sonic breakthroughs that make waves in the sounds we produce and the ways we communicate.
Developments in how life is expressed and explained both around and within us.
Groundbreaking approaches to visual and 2D design that push the boundaries of the maxim, “the medium is the message.”
Future of Foods
Culinary innovations improving the manner in which we grow, consume, and dispose of what we eat.
Wearables reshaping how we connect with the world and define ourselves.
Products that are shifting our definitions of and interactions with money.
A variety of internal physical ecosystems that influence, inspire and initiate our growth and behavior within residential, office, commercial, restaurant or hospitality environments.
Internet of Things
IOT products and trends that rewire our most entrenched routines.
Travel & Hospitality
Products and services that change the way we explore the world.
Innovations that help move people around cities faster, happier and more efficiently.
Explorations that mine the exciting potential of rapidly evolving AR and VR platforms to transport us to new worlds.
The unexpected and experimental products that can’t be put into a category.
$75 (Educator or full-time student)
- Impact – Design that represents a substantial shift in the way a particular process is created, executed, perceived or experienced.
- Singularity – Products and ideas that go above and beyond contemporaneous work being done within distinct fields of design.
- Inclusiveness – Work that empowers those previously underrepresented in the design community and emboldens social mobility at all levels.
- Social Responsibility – Design that offers solutions for people with needlessly insurmountable barriers to entry in all walks of life.
- Ease of Use – Design that can be easily understood and applied by the end user.
- Visual Appeal – Projects, ideas and processes that not only solve problems, but do so with aesthetics that accentuate and elevate the experience start to finish.
- Feasibility – Design that can be sensibly funded, implemented, and embraced.
- The San Francisco Design Week Awards are open to all types of design work. This includes, but is not limited to, tech products, architecture, fashion, industrial design, urban planning, gaming, advertising, interior design, service design, UX, visual and graphic design, interactive installations, virtual and augmented reality, and instructional products.
- Each submission will be judged pertaining to the criteria listed above.
- Each submission must clearly identify the design category by which they wish to be judged.
- The entrant or submitted work must demonstrate either an intrinsic connection to the design community or offer a vision that can improve the lives of the people within their community.
For more information, please read our Terms & Conditions.
Questions? Contact Maria Huffine at email@example.com
Awards identity designed by MUCHO